A magnificent set with its functionality, beauty and elegance of forms is a tribute to an important event that took place in the history of the Maltsov family in 1775 when their glass production was still located near Moscow.
That year empress Catherine II conferred the title of nobility on the Maltsovs. A cite from the decree of Her Imperial Majesty read: .…we, hereby, elect the Maltsovs to a high title for perpetuity, and bestow the honor of membership in the All-Russian nobility Empire upon them… For a greater evidence and as a sign of our Imperial favor and elevation to the title of nobility we grant them a noble coat of arms: in the red field there are two crossed swords as a sign that they serve in our armed forces. The shield is crowned with a helmet with ostrich feathers, and the mantling on the shield is red and has a silver underlay….
Today this set is the symbol of a taintless taste, of a special solemn atmosphere and festive mood.